These strategies are important to implement into your company in a way that makes sense for your needs. These can often be inexpensive and crucial to growing your business in a safe and manageable manner. Having a plan in place allows for peace of mind for your leadership and for the customers that have trusted you with any sensitive information.
3 easiest ways to keep data secure when employees are working from home
Below are the three easiest ways to ensure data security for remote or in-office employees:
- Ensure that your employees and users know their responsibility in protecting information.
Training employees in the importance of good security is an easy and cost-effective solution to ensure that the company is on the same page and that the measures that are put in place are understood on a grand scale.
Teaching employees what to look out for adds a secondary “human firewall” to your security and can play a critical role in safeguarding data.
- Two-step verification for emails and other applications with high amounts of data.
Using a two-step verification method is an easy and effective way to add an extra step of security to your accounts and the information they hold.
Having not only a login password, but also a login connected to an employee’s personal device or email ensures that the person is in fact who they say they are, and they are authorized to view the data they have access to.
- Updating frequently for all software and applications.
Updating applications is one of the easiest ways to ensure that your software are running as efficiently as they can, but it is also an easy way to add a layer of security to your data.
All companies have measures in place that help keep data safe—software providers are no exception. Updating the software means you are applying any safety updates made to your applications and using them to your advantage.
In conclusion, there are several ways to ensure that your data is safe regardless of where your employees are working from.
Taking the time and initiative to implement even a few of these ideas is not only a necessity for the company, but also to the people and clients the company serves. Having trust and security is needed and the only way a company can grow on a greater scale.
Maverick Solutions knows how important data security is to companies. And as our employees have started working from home full time, we’ve gone through the steps to make sure our data is secure no matter where our employees are.
Learn more about Maverick
Maverick Solutions has built training specifically with Cloud software (like Oracle Cloud, Workday, Salesforce, etc.) in mind. ENGAGE, Maverick Solution’s Training as a Service offering, is updated quarterly.
It is fully customizable, comprehensive, and available 24/7/365. We work with your team to build learning paths, customize training documentation to match your company’s unique business processes, and customize training to look and function like your instance of Oracle Cloud.
ENGAGE helps companies see the following:
- Decrease in IT support tickets.
- Increase in user adoption.
- Increase in user proficiency.
- Increase in ROI on Oracle Cloud investment.
ENGAGE can be broken down into two parts: ENGAGE Learn and ENGAGE Live.
ENGAGE Learn takes part outside of the SaaS application. It’s where users can learn about and practice business processes before even logging into the software.
ENGAGE Live sits right on top of the software, ready to help your users at the point of need! With ENGAGE Live, users have access to step-by-step instructions and alerts right in the application.
Maverick Solutions’ training offering gives you the full training package.
- ENGAGE Learn has step-by-step walkthroughs of all Oracle Cloud applications. Our walkthroughs guide you and your team through complex business processes such as filing expense reports, submitting timecards, and managing talent, skills, and accomplishments.
- ENGAGE Learn has over 20,000 training documents across all of the Oracle Cloud applications.
- ENGAGE Learn is a subscription-based training offering that is always updated to match Oracle Cloud updates.
- ENGAGE Learn is fully customizable, comprehensive, and available 24/7/365.
- ENGAGE Live is a digital adoption solution. We build step-by-step instructions live in the application so your users are guided through business processes.
- ENGAGE Live can also act as a messaging system live in the application so your team can put important messages in front of your employees at the time of relevance.
- We also offer training experts who can lead instructor-led training sessions in person or virtually!
- We have training consultants who will work with your team to build custom learning paths for the various roles in your organization.
If you want to learn more about our Training as a Service offering, ENGAGE by Maverick, speak with one of our training experts today!